Want to bring back customers lost to product stock-outs? Here are some of the best back in stock email subject lines.
Most eCommerce stores have stock-outs all the time. That’s just a reality in a marketplace where inventory is always changing, and customers expect fast shipping. When this happens, most eCommerce stores send their customers an automated restock email, so that when their item becomes available again, it’s easy for them to buy it.
But if you’re sending emails like this to your customers, there’s a good chance that they’re not even opening them. Why? Because people get millions of messages every day, and it would take up too much of their time to open each one. Instead, they scan the subject line and decide whether or not they want to read the message based on what they see there.
While most customers like to be notified if their item is back in stock, if you’re spamming them with restock emails about items they don’t care about, you’re probably going to see your open rate go down.
We know how frustrating it can be to lose a customer. And we also know how difficult it can be to bring them back. But with our help, we can make it easy for you to reconnect with those customers!
So how can you get your automated restock emails opened? You need great subject lines that entice your audience.
If you’re struggling to come up with email subject lines that will get your lost customers’ attention, look no further. We’ve put together over 60+ attention-grabbing subject lines to help bring your customers back. Each line is designed to resonate with your business’s voice and mission so that they feel like they belong in your catalog of communications with your customers.
A restock email is a great opportunity to re-engage your inactive subscribers and win back their attention. Your subject line is the first thing that your customers will see, and therefore it’s essential to create an irresistible subject line that gets as many opens as possible.
Now that you know how important it is to send restock notifications via email, you may have yet to master the art of writing those email subject lines.
That’s where we come in!
With these 4 tips for writing irresistible email subject lines for your restock notifications, you’ll never again struggle to make sure your customers stay excited about your product between restocks!
- Use Humor- A little bit of comedy goes a long way in winning over and retaining your customer’s interest
- Be Personal- For example, if you’re restocking a very popular item, you can say something like: “We heard you’ve been waiting for this!”
- Be specific- Tell them exactly what they want to hear–that the item they love is coming back soon, and give them an exact date if possible
- Create Curiosity- If there are new colors/flavors/sizes/etc., or any other updates being made to the product before restocking, be sure to mention
Want some inspiration? We’ve put together a few back in stock email subject lines to inspire your next email campaign:
A simple Back in stock email is a great way to tell customers who have been waiting to purchase an item that it is available again. These emails can be sent as soon as the product is back in stock or shortly after it comes back into stock. Customers who receive them are more likely to buy the product because they know it is now available and don’t have to wait any longer.
- Just arrived: your favorite stock: Diamond necklace
- Back in stock. Don’t miss out
- Don’t let this new stock get away!
- Look what’s FINALLY BACK!
- Just arrived… (add product name)
- You asked for it. We got it back for you.
- Aaaaand… here you go – it’s back in stock
- It’s here and it’s yours to own!
- Finally! It’s here. Now get shopping
- Good news! Your fav’s restocked.
- You’re in luck. Your fave is back in stock!
- We made it – the (item name) you were waiting for is here.
- Psst… It’s back on our website
- It’s about time you get your hands on what you were eyeing
- Restocked – (name of the product)
- Bark by popular demand
- The Limited edition (product name) is back. HURRY!
- You’re in luck. That sold-out item you loved is BACK!
- You loved it so much, we brought it back
- Here’s to 2nd chances….
- Thanks for waiting, (product name) is back in stock!
- Your faves are back in stock!
- Time to restock on your favorite [product].
- Cheer up! We have [product name] back in stock for you.
- We’re back, baby!
- We’re back! Just in time for summer!
- You asked, we listened! It’s back!
When you’ve just restocked an item, your customers are excited to be able to buy it again. But if they can also get a discount on top of that? Well, that’s just icing on the cake.
Adding a discount incentive into your back-in-stock email subject line will drive up the number of people who open and click through this email and can be a great way to get them excited about your brand. It shows that you appreciate their loyalty and that they haven’t been forgotten while they waited for the item to return.
After all, you’re offering something extra to the people who subscribe and receive these emails—and who doesn’t love a good deal?
- Back in stock + 10% discount (Limited period)
- The Clear Habit Journal is back in stock! (And a discount code!)
- Extra 30 percent sale on new inventory
- We are back in stock. With 10% off!
- Back in stock! Buy Now to Get 10% off and save $100 or more
- [item name] is back in stock and on sale.
- This [item] is back in stock, and it’s 15% off for the next 24 hours!
- [product name] is back in stock. Get your exclusive 20% discount now before it’s gone!
- Get your 20% discount now before we sell out.
- It’s back! Available only while stocks last, and with a special 15% discount.
- Get 20% off before it SELLS OUT!
- Get 10% off to celebrate the restock of [product name]!
The subject line for your back-in-stock email should communicate that the product is now available for purchase and for a limited time. This will help to build a sense of urgency in your readers and increase the likelihood that they’ll click on the call-to-action button in your email.
If you have a solid relationship with your subscribers, you can also add their names to the subject line, so they feel like they’re getting a more personalized message.
- déjà oooh….the bestselling (product name) is back in stock
- Available only for 24 hours.
- It’s back in stock. Hurry!
- Back on the shelves!
- It’s selling out fast as you read this.
- Limited edition restocked!
- 12 hours to buy your favorite item.
- HURRY! It’s here, but gone in 3… 2… 1…
- Don’t let it get away this time.
- Make it yours before it flies off the shelf again.
- Last chance to buy your fav before it’s sold out again
- Look who’s back…..Again!
- Something fun is coming (back)!
- Hydras Back in Stock this Saturday!
- Just Landed – Stock Is Limited!
- Your slides are here. Get yours before they sell out again
- OMG! It’s back in stock. The Crying Unicorn Candle
- Now Back in Stock. HURRY, limited quantities
- FYI…That beauty you’ve had your on is back in stock
- Back in stock: best-selling vintage from France
- Limited stock available. AGAIN!
- Limited Time Only! Order [product name] before they’re gone!
When you’re running an eCommerce store, it’s inevitable that items will go out of stock from time to time, no matter how well you’re managing your inventory. It’s just a part of owning an online shop.
But even when your products aren’t in stock, you can still sell them—as long as you have a restock strategy in place. Restocking takes time, but that doesn’t mean you have to lose interested customers while you’re waiting for more supply. While you’re restocking, it’s crucial that you have a strategy in place so that you can keep your customers engaged and interested during the wait.
With the right email strategy, you can use the restock process to boost sales and build customer loyalty. Master the art of sending attractive email subject lines for your restocking messages and drive your sales up in no time!
Ready to bring back customers lost to product stock-outs? Explore RetainIQ email flows here.
RetainIQ’s high performing back in stock email flow turns your out of stock products into revenue drivers for your store. By adding our back in stock widget, you will be able to boost your sales and increase customer loyalty by solving the problem of missed sales due to unavailability!
With our back in stock flow, customers can sign up and get notified when said products are back in stock. You can decide which products you want to offer this option to – the entire collection or a specific item. Additionally, not only will your customers receive a notification when the product is available again but they will also get a link to purchase it right away!
With RetainIQ’s Back in Stock flow, you can take your notification-seeking customers through an engaging funnel that increases the likelihood of them coming back to purchase the product they want when it becomes available again.
This flow includes:
- A pop-up form where they enter their email address
- An alert letting them know they’ve been added to the waitlist
- An automated email thanking them for their interest and saying they will be notified when the product is back in stock
Eager to transform your back-in-stock email marketing? Check out RetainIQ’s back-in-stock flow now!